The ISSR strives to become the capstone of high-impact, interdisciplinary social science research.
The ISSR will further The University of Alabama’s goal of enhancing the quality of life for all Alabamians and the citizens of the nation and the world. We will serve this vision best by:
Conducting high quality social and behavioral science research
- Fostering interdisciplinary collaboration;
- Promoting methodological rigor;
- Encouraging ethical research practices;
- Supporting innovative data-driven knowledge discoveries; and,
- Fostering a culture of research excellence.
Training the next generation of social scientists
- Equipping researchers with the knowledge, skills, and tools to address complex social issues;
- Providing hands-on training and access to state-of-the-art tools and data analysis approaches;
- Promoting a collaborative learning environment to engage in team-based, interdisciplinary research projects with practical application; and,
- Facilitating a strong mentorship program to support researchers through their academic journey.
Serving The University of Alabama and beyond
- Engaging with local communities;
- Promoting community-engaged research;
- Ensuring research findings are utilized for better of society; and,
- Contributing to policy development and societal impact.